We are just a few days away!...
It's almost here! Can you believe it? Don't worry, we can't either .
We wanted to update you with the seating chart, ticketing process, and some other FAQs to help ease your worries about the event.
This has also been posted on both facebook pages and will be on hand at the door, if you need it.
NOW, TICKETED AUTHORS
You saw the * and may have a lot of questions.
- What does this mean?
This means we anticipate that this author will have a longer line, thus a long wait time. So attendees are given a ticket to hold their place in line so they can continue to enjoy the event, but still get a spot in line .
- How does this work?
When you enter a line for any ticketed author, there will be someone standing there handing out numbers for that author. You can then leave the line, and go visit with other authors while waiting. You will see a young lady walking around with a bull horn. As the lines dwindle down for these tickets authors, she will be calling out a group of numbers. For example, she will walk around and say "Helena Hunting #s 15-30" . This means the attendees with those numbers can go enter Helena's line at that time, or with the next groups (as long as their number has already been called, they can enter the line). The idea is to keep these lines around 15 people.
- Why are you doing this?
- I am a VIP ticket holder, how does the lunch break work?
- When is the event?
- Does my ticket need to be printed?
- Does the ticket have to be in my name?
- Will we get discounts on parking?
- What are the parking options?
*Also posted below
- Where do we pick up bags and tees?
- Will there be extra totes and tees for sale at the event?
- Can we bring other items to be signed?
- Is there a limit per author of books we can have signed?
- How will the authors know who to sign a book to?
- Can we bring rolling carts?
- What room is the event in?
Orchid Ballroom at the Westin. There will be signs directing you where to go.
- How do we get our pictures from the Photobooth?
Pics will be printed at the event. There will be props there too, which always make for fun photos to take home!
- Can we bring in food or drinks?
Food is a no. Drinks, are a yes. Bottled water, bottled soda, etc , is all acceptable. Please remember to deposit empty drinks in the proper trash receptacles.
- Last year the event had raffles. Will there be raffles again this year?
We think that is everything. Please remember to have fun. That is the most important thing. We all come together because of our love of these authors and their amazing books and what they mean to us. Let's keep it fun and exciting for everyone!