Wednesday, October 1, 2014

**Author Spotlight on attending author Jessie Lane**



Jessie Lane is the best selling author of The Star Series, Big Bad Bite Series and the Ex Ops Series.

She lives in Kentucky with her two little Rock Chicks in the making and her over protective alpha husband. She has a passionate love for reading and writing naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-world characters that demand your attention, or threaten to slap you around until you do pay attention to them.

You can follow Jessie at: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & her Amazon Author Page

Jessie writes Adult Paranormal and Contemporary Romance & Upper YA Fantasy/Paranormal Romance.

More about her books...

Big Bad Bite by Jessie Lane


What would it be like to live in a world where you are considered abnormal to those who are above the norm?

Jenna O’ Conner has been taught her whole life to hide from everyone. Never to let anyone to close enough to know that she would prefer a shotgun for her birthday over of a bouquet of roses. She’s been smothered by her over protective family so that no one learns what she truly is. Which is not human. Nor, is she considered the norm for the supernatural Other community that is benevolent enough to share this world with the humans.

In a desperate attempt to live her own life away from the small town she was raised in, Jenna obtains her dream job as the newest member on the Wilmington Police Department’s SWAT Team. What she didn’t predict was that she would run into trouble her first day on the job, in the form of a deadly, mouthwatering man named Adam McPhee. Who is also not human, but more like a wolf walking around in human skin. He’s determined to figure out exactly what Jenna is, which unbeknownst to him, could very well put her life in danger. He’s also determined to have her all to himself.

As if that wasn’t enough for Jenna to deal with, bad news blows into town. A group of extremist Shifters who think humans are cattle and factions of Others worldwide should stay within their own species - never to intermingle. Chaos ensues. Jenna has to find a way to shut them down, but in the process of trying to do that, discovers things about herself that even she never thought was possible.

Who said the wolf was what you had to worry about?
Welcome to the real world



I loved this book. When Adam is first introduced to Jenna, she said her wolf wanted to rub up against him and I swear that is what i was doing with my kindle. Rubbing my face against it.



Adam is just one hot alpha. It's not only him that made me want to purr and rub my face lovingly against my kindle, it was Alec and Gage, Logan, all the men. They are just all so..damn.







There were so many times where i just wanted to reach in my kindle and slap Jenna. Hello. CLAIM. YOUR. MAN. But she kept pushing him away, I was afraid something was going to happen. But then when they explained how obsessed his wolf was with her, I was like CHA-CHING! yes!


He's not going anywhere. And he's so damn good to her. Even when she is the ice queen. But even then, even then, he shows her how good of a man he is. Then we have the little trip to Germany. *Ahem* HOLY SHITBALLS!


Between the fight, the club, the bathroom, the alley...lord have mercy. Guess that was a bit of an eye opener for Jenna. I did really think when she made it out to the woods, that she wasnt coming back alive. I thought she wouldn't get through to him. But..that's just what Jessie Lane does. They let you think something is going to go one way, and it goes another. They keep you on your toes with sass and snarky comments, smiling at attitude dished out, then swooning and worrying over whats going to happen next. Well done, well done.


I give this 4 hearts

Available for purchase at:
Amazon
B&N


Walk on the Striped Side

Synopsis:
Does he have his claws in her for good? Or is she just yanking his tail?

Elena Demos’s life has been turned upside down. Her mother has passed away, leaving Elena and her two half-sisters to deal with their mother’s will and the crazy stipulations it contains. For the three sisters to inherit the substantial amount of money left behind, they have to go to work with two aunts they’ve never met, in the family business they’ve known nothing about, Amazons Inc. If that isn’t bad enough, she runs into the man who once broke her heart, and it’s only their first day on the job.

Gage Ivanov is a stupid beast. He let the woman who should be his mate go because she couldn't be told of his Other identity. Now, Elena’s back, but she refuses to give in to his demands for her to be his mate. The timing for all of this couldn’t be worse, either, because Gage and his circle of friends are trying to subdue a rogue pack of wolf shifters in Germany who threaten to out the Others to the world of humans. Will he be able to juggle the oncoming conflict and win back his mate?

Claws, love bites and handcuffs - OH MY!



WOW. Now, I liked Big bad Bite. I mean, hello, Adam, enough said. But Gage.... GAGE people, GAGE! Good lord. He's a TIGER SHIFTER.. hello!! and his brother, Alec.. um.. are you still listening? We have ripped, alpha, hot, tiger shifting brothers here!

You wanna snuggle them now don't you? I know... me too!!!! There is so much I liked about this book. In fact, I like it much more than I liked Big Bad Bite, and I liked that one A LOT . There were so many things about Gage that just got my purring like the big cat he is. Rubbing his face on her chest.. hot... alpha male.. hot...big tough guy... hot... strong female lead...check. Do you really need me to continue? 



I didn't think so. Not only did Gage fulfill my alpha male, hot guy requirement, but this book had so many times when I was reading it that I was literally laughing out loud or giggling. I mean the spider had me seriously LAUGHING OUT LOUD. 

The way she decorated his house...OMG.. I LAUGHED FOR SERIOUSLY 15 MINUTES! It was epic! The chemistry between Elena and Gage is seriously off the charts, and the banter between her and her sisters is hilarious. But I think I figured out one of the things I loved the most about this book. ..besides the alpha males.. Elena doesn't just roll over and take his crap. He roars and she roars right back.

The way this story is written is a follow up to the story line in Big Bad Bite, and it flows so effortlessly. All the characters return and the same chemistry we had in book one is back. Elena fits into the group so well. This book is so good, the writing is flawless, its seriously highly highly recommended.
 I give this 5 hearts!


Purchase Links
Amazon | B&N | Kobo | ARe








Book Blurb:
Some mistakes from the past haunt us forever...

One 'dear John' letter haunts Bobby Baker's every living moment. It’s the letter he stupidly wrote to his high school sweetheart, Belle, right after he left to join the Army. The letter that he told her that he wasn't so sure if they were ready for forever yet. But before he can let her know that the letter, and his second thoughts, are nothing but a mistake, she up and disappears from the small Georgia town they were both raised in.

unless fate steps in with a second chance.

Fifteen years later, Belle unknowingly walks back into Bobby's life when her job as an ATF Agent forces her to work with a group of men secretly headed by the CIA to help her track down whoever is involved in funneling black market weapons to a drug cartel in Mexico.

Bobby will use this mission to try and soothe Belle's hurt feelings while proving to her that their love is still meant for forever. He'll use every dirty trick he's learned since he joined the Army to maneuver her back into his life for the long haul. But Belle's not making it easy as she keeps him at arm's length in the hopes that mistakes of her own never come to light.






I am so super excited to write this review. Don't you love when you get a book and you're like "yeah, I'll read it. sure, okay." Then you read it, and you can' t put it down, it sucks you in , and you want to live in that book for the next 24 hours!?!!? Please say yes? You're not saying yes are you?  Damn... awkward....




Moving on.. So Bobby and Annabelle. Seriously. Bobby. Enough Said. Man, that man is like a walking sex toy. Yes, I just said it. I can't help it.. he's so dreamy! *in my best 1950's impression*



 I was a little put off by him and how 18 year old Bobby handled joining the army and being away from his Anabelle. Knowing what she was going through, and HOW he broke it off, I got pissed. Who does that? Well, Bobby did.


 Then we jump forward to a chance encounter where they have to work together and my first thought was  'oh. shit'. But then my next thought was 'she better be all of that like white on rice.' Yeah, I know. But hello, he's all hot and buff and yummy. Leave it to Belle to give him the cold shoulder and be able to fight the attraction. I mean she is a ball buster now. I'm serious, legit ball buster. I'm kind of jealous. Anyway, when they were working together on the case I wasn't sure how things were gonna go. Then you meet Seth. Hell, then Bobby meets Seth. Again, my first thought, 'oh. shit.'


 My next thought after their meeting was 'go Seth.' Way to raise a good young man Belle! I was proud. Is that weird? yeah, probably. I don't care. There were so many times during this book I found myself smiling, laughing (especially when Declan is around), fanning my face, just all out having a reaction to the story line. SO yeah, it's that good. I'm not going to mention Mexico. Though I will say, I so wish Declan vacuuming was really on YouTube. OMG.. I have a Declan crush. I will admit it. I love how in this book, you don't just love Bobby, Belle, and Seth, but you love all of them. You love the whole team, the way they interact, how they have each other's backs, the Sheriff. Everyone. You get sucked into the world of the joint task force. You feel for the situation that they are put in. You get pissed when he walks away. You swoon when he romances her. You cry when she cries. That's how good this book is. I highly highly suggest it. I give it 4.5 hearts. You really, really, really need to read this book. I can't wait for Riley's story, or Declan's. 

I give this book 5 hearts
Available to purchase at:


No comments:

Post a Comment