Friday, March 6, 2015

***AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT ON ATTENDING AUTHOR JENNIFER SIVEC***


I've been writing for as long as I can remember~journals, poems, short stories. I've always wanted to write a novel and started several over the years, but for some reason could never see them through to the end. 

Until Eva came along.

I was abandoned as a child, at about the age of 2 or 3 which I strangely never gave a lot of thought to. Then I became a mother. When my youngest child was about 2, I watched him sleeping one night as I often did. But this night, I was gripped by this heart-wrenching realization that he was about the age I was when my parents left me. Something stirred inside of me, and eventually Eva was born. "Leaving Eva" began as a story of a girl who was heartlessly abandoned, and then her storytook on a life of its own. It was no longer the story that I began, and it became something else entirely.

I've always been a late bloomer, but I am happy that I've finally gotten in touch with my inner Author. She's always been there lying dormant, reflecting in other parts of my life. Now she is awake and alive, shining through me everyday.

I am very fortunate to have a wonderfully supportive husband, two beautiful children, and an incredible family. I have a career that is rewarding and challenging where I get to work with amazing, funny, and talented people every day. I'm a wife, mom, blogger, boss, and Amazon best selling Author.

Writing has been an escape, a refuge, and an outlet for me. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to channel my energy and my creativity in this way. With two books in the Eva series and a standalone novel, I Run to You, I am currently working on a fantasy series, The Lost Children; the Forgotten. Writing continues to give me joy and happiness as I watch my stories unfold before me.
More about her books....

Leaving Eva

Abandoned as a child, Brynn is adopted into a violent and tumultuous world under the deceptive guise of a Mother's love. She accidentally discovers a secret way to survive which helps to disguise the brokeness within. Early and often Brynn is left to fend for herself, as those who are supposed to love and protect her most, fail. 

In High School, Brynn unexpectedly falls for sweet, handsome Adam. He tries to teach her that she can have hope and happiness, if she only will embrace it. As an adult, it appears as though Brynn has her life together. No one except for Adam really knows her secret pain and history has an unkind way of repeating itself. 

Suddenly she is faced with destroying her greatest love, and the need to confront her own fear before it swallows her completely. In the end, Brynn discovers a truth about herself that changes everything, and gives her the freedom to accept the beautiful possibilities of what life can be.


Losing Eva

Abandoned as a child, Brynn is adopted into a violent and tumultuous world under the deceptive guise of a Mother's love. She accidentally discovers a secret way to survive which helps to disguise the brokeness within. Early and often Brynn is left to fend for herself, as those who are supposed to love and protect her most, fail. 

In High School, Brynn unexpectedly falls for sweet, handsome Adam. He tries to teach her that she can have hope and happiness, if she only will embrace it. As an adult, it appears as though Brynn has her life together. No one except for Adam really knows her secret pain and history has an unkind way of repeating itself. 

Suddenly she is faced with destroying her greatest love, and the need to confront her own fear before it swallows her completely. In the end, Brynn discovers a truth about herself that changes everything, and gives her the freedom to accept the beautiful possibilities of what life can be.


I Run To You

Alyssa Bennet had been living life on autopilot, never taking chances or the time to figure out what she wanted in life. A broken family and lonely childhood had failed to show her the true meaning and depth of what love can be.

But all that changes on her 25th birthday.

Alyssa suddenly realizes that it’s up to her to take charge and choose the direction of her life.

Landon Daniels, Alyssa’s best guy friend is always there for her whenever she needs him. But when life takes a drastic turn with an unexpected diagnosis, her relationship and feelings for Landon become too complicated to face. Alyssa is forced to rely heavily on the only two people she’s ever been able to trust, her best friend Anna and her beloved Nona. As they always have, they help Alyssa sort through the mess that has become her life.

At her time of deepest despair, Alyssa finally begins to learn what true love really means. But her old feelings of inadequacy quickly creep back into her life making her doubt she can ever have happiness.

Will Alyssa be strong enough to face her fears and run toward the only man she’s ever loved, or will she destroy her chance completely? 


******
You can also find more information about Jennifer and her books on her Goodreads author page, Amazon Author page and Facebook author page

No comments:

Post a Comment